Saturday, March 17, 2007

So my last blog was a little angry. You would be too. I do not take any of it back.

Spring break ends tomorrow. I spent most of mine relaxing, volunteering, and towards the end I traveled with my Thelma to Takoradi, Akwidaa, and Busua. Despite some disappointments, it was still a lovely time. Exhausting seems to be the most enveloping adjective to describe our trip. Between the STC buses (the one to Takoradi was three hours behind schedule), tro tros, and rest stops, both ways took about 10 hours each (that's about how long it takes to travel to the Northern Region!). We were both very happy to be back home. That is what the Buf (our nickname for Abafun Crescent) and Accra have become to us: home.

Time is rapidly slipping away, and there is still so much I want to do here. I've been thinking about May 21st (more than I have in weeks), and I am dreading it. I love New York City, but I'm in love with Ghana. This is REAL; it is not the romantic little thirteen year old girl speaking. Look, New York, it's not you, it's me. You know what? How about we take a break? I just can't be in a relationship with you right now. I'm digressing as well as quoting indirectly. I've lost my faith, not my spirit. Back to Ghana... so much to do, so little time.


This picture is a little old, but it was taken at Larry's art studio in Nungua. He is a wonderful man.